If you are taking the time out of your day to go and exercise (well done you) then you want to make the most of it right?
Use these tips to make your next workout even more effective:
- Lay out your gym kit the night before. Having it out and ready is one less thing to sort out when you wake up, and it makes getting ready for the gym a little bit easier!
- Have a cup of coffee 1-2 hours before your session. Caffeine promotes fat burning and reduces muscle pain during your workout , meaning you can squeeze in that extra rep.
- Visualisation: Rather than mentally writing your to do list, Picture the muscles that you are working to gain more muscle activity. The more muscle fibres recuited means bigger gains!
- Make a playlist. Listening to your favourite songs will amp up your motivation, giving you that nudge to work harder.
- Stretch: Often the first thing to go when we’re tight for time at the gym, but stretching out those muscles is a must. Stretching reduces muscle fatigue; your muscles will recover faster and are primed for your next workout
- Refuel with protein and complex carbohydrates, such as a smoothie with protein powder, oats and almond milk.
What tips have you found that really power you through your workout?
I’d love to hear from you, drop me a line or send an email!